Friday, December 14, 2012

A little tighter

After learning the news of what happened today in Connecticut, the first thing I could think about is how long until I could give my little girl a hug.  It seems like the majority of posts on Facebook this afternoon revolved around the same thing.  Everyone it seemed, was going to hug their children a little tighter tonight.

I don't even have the words to describe how I feel, and I do not know anyone.  If you had asked me how I felt if this had happened three years ago, I would tell you that I would have felt sad.  However, as a parent I feel much different than just sad.  I feel sad, I feel heartbroken for those families.  I can't describe it, yet I am 100% positive I feel much different today than I would have three years ago.

All I could do this afternoon when I saw Tabitha was hug her a little tighter, and somehow she sensed it as she just wanted to be held by me for most of the evening.

My heart and prayers go out to those families who were involved today.

No comments: