Monday, January 30, 2012

A case of the Mondays

Today was...well a Monday.  While I wish we could start the day over again, as least I know it is coming to a close.  Hopefully yours was a little better than this (or at least not worse than this):

-A very sleepy toddler who was not ready to get out of her warm bed this morning.  In fact, when I turned on the lights, she burried herself deeper into her blanket and refused to wake up.

-Dealing with a VERY independent toddler who did not want to put her coat on.  I reminded her that in about 6 months she wouldn't have to worry about this step in the getting ready to go to daycare process.

-A crabby toddler who was not willing to give up her blanket once we got to daycare.  Thus, being the "mean" mommy that I am, I forced her to leave it in the car.  This lead to a tantrum, whereby she laid down in the parking lot screamming.  Oh, did I mention that it snowed last night, and thus she had wet pants for part of the morning.

-A nasty voicemail complaining that I never return the many messages that had been left previously for me.  Subsequently, I returned the call, left a voicemail, and never received a call back in return.  (Note: I had never received a voicemail prior to that time from this person).

-All of the treadmills at the gym were taken when I tried to work out.  Of course I had the motivation to go for a run today.  I hate the gym in January...all of the new people trying to keep their resolution.  At least I know I won't have this problem in a few weeks once they have broken that resolution and stop coming.

-An upset toddler who was not willing to leave daycare this afternoon.  Therefore, in a similar fashion as to how we had started the day, I left with a screaming, crying little girl.

-A hungry little girl who was not happy until dinner was made.

However, the day got subsequently better once dinner was over.  A silly little girl, running around the living room, and giggling can make the whole day that much better.  So, while the day wasn't all that bad, here's to hoping that tomorrow we can make it through the day with less meltdowns by both toddler and mommy!

1 comment:

The Pendills said...

Isn't toddler-hood fun? :)