Sunday, April 6, 2014

In the middle of Sunday church services there is a children's message.  This is something Tabs looks forward to each week.  So when it's time she runs up to the front and is usually one of the first kids up there. 

During Lent they have been collecting pieces to make a banner.  Each piece is significant and has some type of meaning.  Because we haven't made it to the Wednesday services we don't have all of the pieces yet, so I have been keeping them all together and plan on glueing the pieces on soon with Tabitha's help.


As I learned today though there seems to be a misunderstanding between Tabs and me.  She thinks that I don't know how to glue them on.  Unfortunately, she made this known to me at the same time as she made it known to the rest of the church.  See....as they were getting ready to hand out this week's pieces, there comes a loud voice from the front "My mom doesn't know how to put the pieces on".  As I was probably not paying attention as much of I should have been (I was a single parent today and trying to keep the four month old entertained), I suddenly realized that the little voice was that of my dear Tabitha.  Oh boy...I'm sure my face turned 20 shades of red.  Some people turned around to look at me and just smiled.

Later, as I was waiting to pick up Tabitha after Sunday I had to ask the person who does the children's message, Matt, for the rest of the pieces.  Additionally, I added that it wasn't that I didn't know how to put the pieces on, but it was a matter of free time for Tabitha and I to work on the project together.  We both laughed and I commented that isn't it the parents that are supposed to embarrass the children, not the children embarrassing the parents.  He smiled, and as the father of teenagers, he commented that it goes both ways.  

Ahhh Tabs...I love your innocence!







No comments: