Sunday, December 9, 2007

SNOW!


Last weekend we enjoyed our first major snowfall of the year. It's been several years since we have seen this much snow so early in the year. I ended up spending the weekend baking and putting up the Christmas tree. The snow just puts me in that festive mood.

I love when the snow falls...it's so beautiful and white and peaceful. While I live in Minnesota though, it doesn't mean that everyone here likes snow or knows how to drive in it. The first snowfall always proves a challenge for people. On Tuesday we received more snow just in time for rush hour, and I guess that it took a lot of people many hours to get home. I was in Mankato that afternoon, but it took me less time to get home that evening than it did for many!

I did envy my husband who got to go skiing on fresh snow on Monday. I wish I could have gone with him! Oh well, if this much snow this early in the season is any indication of the rest of the winter to come, I think I will have plenty of chances!

No comments: