Monday, February 23, 2015

Tonight was another evening worth savoring.  After a few moments to myself after dinner, I joined the rest of the family in the basement.  Jake was wandering around playing with toys and practicing his standing and Tabs was watching Care Bears when I came down.

First, I just sat on the floor watching them.  Then, I remembered that I had a Care Bear my grandma made for me.  Amazingly I remembered right where it was and grabbed it for Tabs.  She looked in awe at it and couldn't believe I had just produced it for her.  She thought it was soooo cool that "heaven grandma" made it and it was now hers to keep despite a few stains and a very worn looking body.

After that fun with Tabs, "Super Jake" started curling up in my lap, then climbing off, then curling up and hugging me.  He soon got tired of that and we then started taking turns playing the xylophone.  He would bang away and then hand the mallet to me.  I took my turn and handed it back.  We did this over and over for quite awhile.

Even though it was only 20 minutes of this tonight, it was the best 20 minutes of the entire day!



 

No comments: