Friday, October 11, 2013

A future doctor

The past two days have verified my suspicisions....tabs will be a doctor some day.

Yesterday I had one of my regular doctor checks. Tabs has been coming to most of them with me so it was a normal day. I asked to get my flu shot and was able to get one with Tabs watching. After my appointment was done I decided to stop by the peds office to see if I could get an appointment for Tabs. Much to my delight they were offering a flu shot clinic and had availability right away. Tabs was excited when I told her she would get her shot right away. You can imagine my thinking that this enthusiasm will never last. We got called back right away. The nurse was great and much to my amazement no tears or crying was shed. Moments later Tabs was skipping out of the clinic singing "I got a flu shot! I got a flu shot!"  

Today was a regular dentist appointment for Tabs. The past two appointments have been fine but today was awesome! She layed in the chair by herself, let them use all of the cleaning equipment, and even did X-rays.  While I could sit next to her most of the time, I had to leave the room for the X-rays because of the baby. At first I wasn't sure how she would react with me being out of the room, but she went about it like an old pro! Again, no tears, good listening ears and sitting so still.

I'm one proud mama!


No comments: