Saturday, November 8, 2008

The first signs of winter are here...no more leaves left on the trees, turning on the furnace, the first snowfall, and the first cold. I don't remember getting a cold last winter, so I was doomed to get one this year. Unfortunately, it came really early this year and it managed to make me take 2 sick days at work because I felt that terrible.

In the six years I've been at my job, I've never taken two sick days in a year, let alone two consecutive days. I was so tired, it was nice to be at home. Working nearly 20 hours on election day, only getting 4 hours of sleep the following night probably didn't help.

Nevertheless I have a great husband that kept the cold medication coming and made me chicken soup at night. Plus, Fred the cat kept me company during the day.

Fred is always helping (and James is always taking pictures like this)




No comments: