Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Storm

Last Thursday we had a severe storm come through while I was at work. Around 4 p.m. James called me to say that he had just read on the Star Tribune website that around 98th Street and Old Shakopee Road in Bloomington had gotten nailed by the storm. I freaked out because of the beautiful evergreen trees we had just planted less than two weeks earlier.

When I got home all I saw when I was pulling into the driveway were branches everywhere. But, as I did a walk through of the yard I just saw that they were very large branches from the big trees. Thankfully and miraculously the branches had all missed our new trees. We got away lucky as many neighbors and houses around us lost big trees.

Throughout the weekend I then had the privilege of picking up the rest of the branches and breaking them down so that the yard waste collector could pick them up. I just hope that the severe storms they are predicting for tonight don't do any damage.

No comments: