Sunday, June 22, 2008

Getting Older

As I approach a milestone birthday next year, I am suddenly reminded how old I am getting. Over the past six years I have attended (and had my own) a lot of weddings. Last night, I attended the wedding of my parents' next door neighbor's daughter, whom I used to baby-sit when she was little. Just last year my "little" sister got married. And...all of these other weddings...they are my friends who are now having kids.

This all goes to remind me that I am getting older. Soon, I will no longer be a twenty-something. I am now someone who has a career, someone who has to act like an adult, someone with a house, a yard, and a cat. There are times when I wish I could go back to being in college, but I enjoy what I have now and look forward to the times ahead.

No comments: